Tenant Reference Checks Services
We believe that finding not just a tenant, but the right tenant for your property is vital. This is why we offer a tenant reference check service with our full management package. In order to find the best possible candidate, we perform a comprehensive background check on any prospective tenant.
How are references obtained?
Before any referencing takes place, our automated web-based service requires the prospective tenant to sign a declaration which provides their consent for referencing to take place. Our customised, automated system then prompts all parties involved to submit the necessary documents and requested information. This allows for the rapid completion and ease of management of the process for all involved.
How is referencing conducted?
Our referencing checks consist of the following:
- Employers are contacted to establish the prospective tenant’s employment status and proof of income.
- A copy of their ID is requested to comply with The Immigration Act of 2014 – which states that landlords and agents must check the immigration status of prospective tenants.
- Information on their current address is used to verify their identity.
- References are obtained from their previous landlord(s) and from their employer.
- Credit checks are completed to assess the prospective tenant’s ability to afford rent, and to see if they have outstanding County Court Judgements or adverse credit.
With our full management service, all of these checks will also be performed on any guarantors (if required) at no extra cost, to minimize any risk for the landlord.
What we can do
The data we collect determines whether a tenant is of low, medium or high risk, Wirral Homes then follows this with personally conducted reviews of all applicants before presenting you with all the data for your approval. If you’d like to discuss our tenant reference checks service, feel free to Contact Us – we’d love to speak to you.