Tenant Credit Checks Services
While there are no guarantees, Wirral Homes believes that going the extra mile to ensure that tenants are a good fit is the best way to ensure that both the tenant and the landlord are happy for the duration of a tenancy. For this reason, we conduct a credit check on all tenants as part of the application process.
Why do I need tenant credit checks?
Tenant credit checks allow landlords to let their property sure of several things – that the tenant is who they say they are by establishing:
- Alerts – using HM Treasury Sanctions data, OFAC and deceased check data
- Identity – using credit agreements, court data, electoral roll
- Residency – using credit agreements, court data, electoral roll
It also provides landlords reassurance that the potential tenant can afford the rental costs of the property:
- Adverse Data – any bankruptcies, insolvencies or CCJs
- Aliases – identified aliases or other names
- Associates – details of financial associates
- Credit score – a score rating credit worthiness
- Electoral Roll – whether they are on the electoral roll
- Previous Addresses – checks for linked and previous addresses
By doing this, landlords can rest assured that tenants are the right fit for their property and tenants will know that the property is right for them.
How are tenant credit checks undertaken?
When tenants apply for a property, they are required to consent to a credit check – this is a soft search that will not impact their credit score, but simply allows us to establish necessary information and confirm the information that they have provided to us. This check is undertaken with an appropriate credit reference agency and helps us to assess the likelihood that a prospective tenant is a good fit for a property.
What we can do
At Wirral Homes, we believe that it’s about more than just letting your property, it’s about finding the right tenant – so that both parties can enjoy a long and stress free tenancy that’s good for everyone. If you’d like to find out more about our tenant credit checks, or any of the landlord services and property management services we offer, you can Contact Us today. We’d love to hear from you.